Blog Archive

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Something New (Isaiah 43:19)

I've always enjoyed reading the blogs of Godly women I've grown to admire. I love reading their honest posts about their struggles and victories. I know the encouragement it gives me and I've often thought about whether or not I could successfully provide some of the same encouragement to other women through writing on a blog forum.

It was always a fleeting thought, though.

Being honest right off the bat, I'll tell you I always thought I didn't have enough struggles or victories to write about. I always figured my life wasn't interesting enough to create a successful blog. On top of that, I don't feel I'm a very creative person, or have the gift of writing in such a way that will hook the reader from the beginning.
Recently though, I've had some thoughts that were on my heart. I felt I needed to share these thoughts-to physically write or type them out. So I would post them on Facebook or on my Instagram account. It was then that several women commented on the posts encouraging me specifically to start a devotional blog for women. I had never said anything to anyone about my desire to start a blog, or write devotional posts to anyone! I was surprised by how specifically God used their comments to confirm my desires about this. I asked them to pray about it with me, and a few months later, I'm typing my first post!




At first, I was hesitant again, even with an undeniable confirmation. I thought "I don't even know many people who read blogs." Then God spoke to my heart, reminding me:

It isn't about me showcasing an interesting life.
It isn't about any talent or creativity that I may or may not have.
It isn't even about having what the Internet world would call a successful blog.
It's about me being obedient to He who has confirmed the desires of my heart even when I'm not sure about them myself.
It's about letting Him use me to encourage even just one woman when she is down and stumbles across one of these posts, showing one young reader that she isn't alone in her struggle, rejoicing in God's victory over me even if no one reads it.

If only one woman is positively impacted by a thought that God has put on my heart that I record here, that's good enough for me. Even if that one woman is just my mom! :)

3 comments:

  1. Kellie, this is wonderful! I want to subscribe, but don't know how! Help! Nanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able to go to the very bottom and enter your email address where it says "follow by email"!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Kellie, this is wonderful! I want to subscribe, but don't know how! Help! Nanny

    ReplyDelete